Dynamic Feed Control

Thread: Unable to ssh to RHEL4 Machin

Unable to ssh to RHEL4 Machin

I created new VM and install RHEL 4, I have done will all the network setting in VM,

Now when I am trying to connect that VM from putty of my windows machine Itís showing ď connection refuse ď

I am able to ping that VM ip from my windows machine. And I am also able to do ssh to that ip from that VM (linux) machine.

Please let me know if I need to do some changes in VM network setting to do the ssh from windows machine.

What are the network settings on those machines? And, more importantly, check the firewall settings.

Firewall is off. The VM ip is static ip. do i need to do anything on my windows machin ( windows 7 ).

What IP address does the VM have? And what IP address does the windows machine have?

Smile Unable to ssh to RHEL

Quote Originally Posted by atul.mandale View Post
    Firewall is off. The VM ip is static ip. do i need to do anything on my windows machin ( windows 7 ).
    Hi Atul,

Since you can ping here are few tips which I believe you should also try:
    1. make sure that ssh daemon is running on your RHEL. Do something like:
      $ netstat -ant | grep 22
    2. use the above command to also check on what network your ssh daemon is listening on. means all networks
    3. can you ssh from other ssh clients ( bridged network )? Meaning from other systems but your windows 7 ? If yes, then the problem is with windows 7. You can try set your VM network to bridged. Or simply use some other VM as a client.
    4. make sure that firewall is off by flushing iptables on RHEL with:
      # iptables -F
    5. on RHEL check contents of etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
    6. check log files like /var/log/secure and look for some clues

For now, try the above and let us know.